Thursday 14 June 2012

A Memory

The meeting is tonight, and I'm beginning to worry. The General is expecting an excellent performance, and twelve sinners. I have ideas planned, but I still have no way of convincing anyone to come. Obviously, the Havana fiasco has left me wondering about many things, one of them being if Sky will keep to his word. I doubt it.


Speaking of Sky, there is something I seem to have forgotten to mention. The memories are a bit hazy, but I remember something he said in Havana. We were arguing. I didn't want to go back to New York, but he thought it was for the best. He became frustrated and exclaimed, "The only reason I took you to Havana was because I made a bet!" Or words to that effect. At the time, I pushed this comment aside, without realizing the significance of it. I remember, to my embarrassment, I said something like "How else would a girl meet a gambler?" How absolutely silly! It makes sense now, however. One of the other gamblers bet Sky money that he couldn't take me to Cuba as a way to get me away from the city. So, obviously, he did, and when we returned the crap game was being held in our Mission! He may not have been a part of that particular scheme, but leading a woman on, just for money, is just as bad!


I must prepare for the meeting now. I will write about it tomorrow afternoon.


Wish me luck,
-Miss Brown


No comments:

Post a Comment